The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Glen Allan

Split Screen and other iPad OS options

Post by Glen Allan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm

More file access to working from external drives.

Everything routed to keyboard shortcuts. So much more powerful to be able to use keyboard shortcuts for all kinds of tasks!

Split-view! Like seriously this would be powerful as all hell! It already does background audio anyway. Being able to bring an instance of AUM on the side while recording in Auria would be a dream setup. I use AUM to control audio routing to different external places while multitrack recording in Auria and having to switch back and forth is super annoying.

This would just be golden!
The concepts of both 'Good' and 'Evil' are merely subjective associations in relation to a conditioned reaction to pain and pleasure.

eustressor
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by eustressor » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:42 am

Hi Rim, hope you are well!

I only recently (as in yesterday) started playing w/MIDI tracks in Auria. The “Metal” kit sounds quite suitable for my needs. However, as I also own the Drumagog plugin, you can perhaps understand that I would like a simple way to break a MIDI drum track into its component stems, and then render those to audio. That way, I would have much more control over how my drum tracks sound.

In Genome, selecting the “note” on the piano roll’s piano automagically selects all instances of that “note” across an entire pattern-constructed song. Of course, MIDI song composition is much more linear in Auria Pro. I have noticed that selecting the “note” on the piano does indeed select all instances, but these selected instances are unavailable for copy and paste into another MIDI track.

Is there something I’m missing, or would enabling the tracks selected via Piano Roll to be copy and pasteable be something that could be implemented in an update? If so, count me in!

Thanks for your continued hard work supporting Auria. I do my best to evangelize about Auria’s plethora of merits as the ultimate iPad DAW whenever I see the opportunity online :D
iPad Pro (2017) 512g, Focusrite 6i6, https://soundcloud.com/eustressor-1

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

eustressor wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:42 am
Hi Rim, hope you are well!

I only recently (as in yesterday) started playing w/MIDI tracks in Auria. The “Metal” kit sounds quite suitable for my needs. However, as I also own the Drumagog plugin, you can perhaps understand that I would like a simple way to break a MIDI drum track into its component stems, and then render those to audio. That way, I would have much more control over how my drum tracks sound.

In Genome, selecting the “note” on the piano roll’s piano automagically selects all instances of that “note” across an entire pattern-constructed song. Of course, MIDI song composition is much more linear in Auria Pro. I have noticed that selecting the “note” on the piano does indeed select all instances, but these selected instances are unavailable for copy and paste into another MIDI track.

Is there something I’m missing, or would enabling the tracks selected via Piano Roll to be copy and pasteable be something that could be implemented in an update? If so, count me in!

Thanks for your continued hard work supporting Auria. I do my best to evangelize about Auria’s plethora of merits as the ultimate iPad DAW whenever I see the opportunity online :D
Hi @eustressor
It’s a little bit tricky, but it works.
Once you select the group of notes you want to copy, tap on any of the selected notes or somewhere else on the screen, and then tap again on the piano roll to reselect the group. The “Copy” option should be available now.
Tap on Copy, then open the piano roll on the destination track and simply tap on Paste.
Here’s a short video with the procedure.
Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/Elod6vQfb_0

DanteTheProducer

Post by DanteTheProducer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:06 am

More fx slots would be great from 4 to eight I don’t think anyone needs more than 8 but sometimes I will use 8 creatively..... Having 8 on the subgroup would really be beneficial as well especially saving processing power on a big track with leads, choruses, background vocals drums etc and the ability to move the fx slots around.... One last one if we could create AUX tracks instead of the way they are set up now for more flexibility